A. Introduction :
The protection of the personal data of visitors to our website is very important to us and we are committed to ensuring that it is adequately protected. This privacy notice provides information about how we handle your personal data.
The following notice covers most common data processing scenarios, even if this version of our site does not provide a related service.
B. Source :
This document is based on the SEQ Legal (seqlegal.com) template, as modified by Website Planet (www.websiteplanet.com)
C. Collection of personal data:
We may collect, store and use the following types of personal information:
1. Information about your computer, including your IP address, geographic location, browser type and version, and operating system;
2. information about your visit to and use of our website, including details of the link you sent, the length of your visit, page views and website navigation information;
3. information you provide when you register on our website, such as your email address;
4. the information you provide when you create a profile on our website – for example: your name, profile picture, gender, birthday, relationship status, interests and hobbies, education and employment details;
5. information provided when you subscribe to our email mailing list and/or newsletters on our website, such as: your name, email address;
6. information provided when you use our services on our website;
7. information generated when you use our website, including when, how often and under what circumstances you use our website;
8. information about the services you purchase, the services you use or transactions you make through our website, including: your name, address, telephone number, email address and credit card details;
9. information sent to our website for publication on the internet, including: your username, profile pictures and the content of your messages;
10. information sent by you by email or through our website, including its content and metadata;
11. any other personal information that you have sent to us.
Before you disclose another person’s personal information to us, you must obtain that person’s consent to the sharing of personal information and to the processing of personal information in accordance with the provisions of this Privacy Notice.
D. Use of your personal data:
We will use the personal information you send to us through our website for the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement or on the relevant pages of the website. We may use your personal data for the following purposes:
1. administering our website and our business;
2. customising our website for you;
3. making the services on our website available to you;
4. mailing goods purchased through our website to you;
5. provide you with services purchased through our website;
6. sending invoices and payment reminders and collecting payments from you;
7. sending you commercial communications for non-marketing purposes;
8. sending you email notifications that you have specifically requested;
9. sending you our email newsletter if you have requested it (you can notify us at any time if you no longer wish to receive the newsletter);
10. sending you marketing communications relating to our business or businesses or carefully selected third party businesses by post or, where you have expressly consented, by email or similar technology (you may notify us at any time if you no longer wish to receive the newsletter);
11. provide third parties with statistical information about our users (but these third parties may not identify any user from this information);
12. to handle enquiries and complaints about our website made by or about you;
13. maintaining the security of our website and preventing fraud;
14. monitor compliance with the terms and conditions that govern your use of our website (including monitoring private messages sent through the website’s private messaging service);
15. other uses.
If you submit personal information to us for posting on our website, we will post that information and otherwise use it with your permission.
Your privacy settings may limit the disclosure of your information on our website, and these settings may be changed by using the privacy settings options on the website.
We will not disclose your personal information to third parties for direct marketing by those third parties or other third parties without your express consent.
E. Disclosure of personal information:
We may disclose your Personal Information to any of our employees, officers, insurance companies, professional advisors, agents, suppliers or subcontractors as reasonable and necessary to secure the purposes set forth in this Privacy Notice.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies (i.e. our subsidiaries, our holding company and any of its subsidiaries) where it is reasonable and necessary to ensure the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice.
We may disclose your personal information:
1. to the extent required by law;
2. in connection with pending or future legal proceedings;
3. to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including: to provide information to others to prevent fraud and reduce credit risk);
4. to the buyer of any business or property sold (or to be sold) by us; and
5. to any person who we reasonably believe may be subject to a court or other competent authority ordering the disclosure of personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Except as provided in this Privacy Notice, we will not disclose your personal information to third parties.
F. International data transmission:
1. We may store, process and transfer the information we collect between any countries in which we do business in order to use the information in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
2. We may also transfer the information we collect to countries that do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area.
3. Personal information that you disclose on our website or submit for disclosure on our website may be accessible via the Internet throughout the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
4. You expressly consent to the transfer of your personal information as described in this Section F.
G. Retention of Personal Information:
1. This Section G provides information about our data retention policies and procedures to ensure that we comply with our legal obligations to retain and delete personal information.
2. Personal data that we process for any purpose or purposes must not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or purposes.
3. Without prejudice to the other provisions of Section G, we will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data in accordance with the following:
1. to the extent required by law;
2. where the documents may be relevant to any pending or
future legal proceedings;
3. and to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights
(including: to provide information to others to prevent
fraud and reduce credit risk).
H. Security of your personal information:
1. We take appropriate technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
2. We store any personal information you provide on our secure (password and firewall protected) servers.
3. All electronic financial transactions conducted through our website are protected by encryption.
4. You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the Internet is inherently insecure and we cannot guarantee the security of any information transmitted over the Internet.
5. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password you use to access our website; we will not ask for your password (except when you log in to our website).
J. Your rights:
You may request that we provide you with any personal information we have about you; such information will be provided to you subject to the following conditions:
1. upon proper verification of your identity.
To the extent permitted by law, we may withhold the personal information you request.
You can ask us at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes.
In practice, you will usually have previously expressly agreed that we may use your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with the opportunity to opt-out of our use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
K. Third Party Websites:
Our Website contains links to and details about third party websites. We have no control over and are not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
L. Updating information:
Please let us know if we need to correct or update any personal information we hold about you.
1. you can set most browsers to refuse to accept cookies – for example:
1. In Internet Explorer (version 10), you can disable
cookies in the cookie override settings by clicking on
“Tools”, “Internet Settings”, “Privacy” and then
2. In the Firefox browser (version 24), to disable all
cookies, click on “Tools”, “Options”, “Privacy”, then
select “Use custom settings for history” from the drop-
down menu and uncheck “Accept cookies”; and
3. In the Chrome browser (version 29), to disable all
cookies, select “Customize & Controls”, then select
“Settings”, “Show advanced settings”, “Content
settings”, then select “Disable cookies on websites”
If you disable the use of all cookies, the usability of many websites will be impaired. And some features of our website will not be available to you.
2. You can also delete cookies already stored on your computer – for example:
You will need to manually delete cookie files in your —-
– Internet Explorer browser (version 10) (for instructions, see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835);
– In Firefox browser (version 24), to delete cookies, click on “Tools”, “Options”, “Privacy”, then select “Use custom settings for history”, then click on “Show cookies”, then “Remove all”; and
– In the Chrome browser (version 29), to delete all cookies, select “Customize & Control”, then click “Settings”, “Show advanced settings”, “Clear browsing data”, and then select “All cookies and site data” before clicking “Clear browsing data”.
If you delete cookies, many websites will become less usable.